The food pictures that you see on Instagram are so overwhelming that you start craving for that specific thing to eat. This happens because the photography is done in the right manner, and the actual dish and its vibrancy are visible, which makes you want to eat the same thing.
If you have a food blogging Instagram page, you know the importance of your food’s looks and how it is presented on a plate. Chefs use numerous techniques for plating their cuisine. Every dish needs to have new plating. When you go to a restaurant, you see all the dishes are presented in different ways.
Through the help of food photography, you can help people get inspired to get up and make something delicious. That is what cravings do to us, and we see something, we want to eat it, then, we end up making it with the recipe that the page gave us. If the page is your own, you can have someone professionally shoot the videos of your recipe and click the pictures. But if you are someone who just started the page as a hobby and want your work to reach more people and you don’t want to spend too much at photography videos, you can do it yourself using some hacks and skills.
If you are someone who is looking forward to perfecting your skills in food photography, you should not miss these details below:
- The first and the topmost way is that your food should be looking mouth-watering to the viewer. If the food is not looking fabulous, no matter how good you are at photography, it won’t turn out good enough.
- The lighting needs to be perfect. Instead of using flashes, try using the natural light of the sun. Look where you find the best lighting for photography. When you take selfies, you wait for the “golden hour.” So you can try getting your food gets its own golden hour for the perfect look.
- The picture needs to be sharp and focused. If the picture is blurry, it will not look attractive at all. Some people blur half the picture, which really doesn’t look good. So try and keep your picture sharp and nice.
- A plate that pops does the job. You can use vibrant colors in the picture, don’t edit too much. Keep it natural and let the viewer see how it looks and imagine eating that delicious dish.
- Invest in a good mobile phone that has a nice rear camera. You can’t achieve the best result if the picture is grainy because of the camera quality.
- If you want to shoot videos, you can also buy a Tripod that can do the work very easily, and you can do it on your own easily.
- Don’t forget to keep your smartphone at the right angle for clicking the picture with all the skills memorized. Do not go all the way zooming in to the food. Let the plating and presentation be visible too.