"Tapena from the Ferrer family makes an approachable Verdejo for a great price that is an ideal pairing with grilled fish and big summer salads."
- D Magazine, June 2012
"It is one of the white varieties that flourishes in Spain, and is particularly well known
in the Rueda and Tierra de Castilla regions."
- Bullz-eye.com, July 14, 2011 View Article
- 2010 Sommelier Challenge International Wine Competition
"This dry white wine from Spain is an example of the great things that can be done with that country's little-known native varietals. It's a clean, nutty, refreshing wine with lively fruit notes and the freshness one would expect of a 2009 rather than a 2-year-old wine. It's not enormously complex, but it's superb for the price. Serve with: Grilled seafood."
- Michael Dresser, The Baltimore Sun, August 31, 2010
"A consistent wine from year to year that’s made in a friendly, mass-appeal style. It’s not so pungent and citrusy like some Verdejo; instead it’s more peachy, sweet and melony. Soft on the finish but with just enough acidity to get it through the year."
- M.S., Wine Enthusiast Magazine, February 2010
Critics Silver Medalr
- 2009 Critics Challenge Wine Competition
Wine & Spirits Critics Pick
"fresh almonds, crisp apple".
- Wine & Spirits, June 2009
Imported by Freixenet USA.