Toasted Crusty Bread
This basic recipe can be served with a variety of toppings on hand or made ahead. Have the toppings prepped ahead of time to make serving easy.
Try this tasty tapas recipe with Tapeña Rosé.
Serves 10 -12
2 baguettes cut on extreme diagonal, to create bigger surface area for toppings or use a Batard. Slice ¾ inch wide pieces.
2 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
1) Before serving heat oven to 350 degrees
2) Brush oil on both sides of bread slices, rub each piece with cut garlic clove and place on baking sheet
3) Bake for 2 -4 minutes until crispy
4) Place toasts on platter and top with your favorite toppings.
Roast Tomatoes and Serrano Ham Toast topping
8 plum tomatoes
½ tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsp fresh chopped oregano
4-6 ounces thinly sliced Serrano ham
1) Heat oven broiler
2) Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise. Put cut side down on an oiled baking sheet.
3) Broil for 4 minutes or until the tomato skin is blistered.
4) Remove pan. When tomatoes are cool enough to handle, peel the skin off and roughly chop and mash them.
5) Toss the tomatoes with fresh oregano. Place spoonful of tomato and a slice of ham on each bread slice.
Quince and Blue Cheese Toasts
6 oz. Quince paste sliced thin or spoon Quince jelly 6 oz.
Spanish blue veined mixed milk cheese such as Cabrales, Picon or Valdeon
Cover each slice of toasted bread with Quince paste and top with small spoon of cheese.