Scallops and Shallots
Pair with Tapeña Verdejo
• 30 large scallops (if frozen, defrost according to package directions)
• 4 Tbsp butter
• 1/4 cup shallots, thinly sliced
• 1 1/2 cup fruity white wine like Verdejo or Prosecco
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 2 Tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
Clean and thoroughly dry the scallops, trimming away the hard muscle. If they are frozen, defrost and rinse them before drying them.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet. Sauté shallots on medium-low heat until they begin to caramelize. Remove shallots and set aside.
Add 2 tablespoons butter to pan, melt raise heat to medium-high. Cook the scallops for no more than 3 minutes, turning once during cooking time. Remove scallops and set aside.
Add the shallots back to the pan with the wine. Simmer the wine until reduced by half, about 7 minutes,
Whisk in the cream and simmer sauce for 6 minutes on med-low heat. Return scallops to heat quickly, careful to not overcook.
Put scallops and sauce in a serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.