Crisped spicy potatoes
The quintessential tapas dish!
Try this tasty tapas recipe with Tapeña Verdejo.
Serves 6 - 8
6 large potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1” cubes
1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1/2 cup extra-virgin Olive Oil
1) Heat oven to 400 F
2) Gently toss the potatoes with oil, completely covering each piece
3) Season with salt.
4) Spread potatoes on a oiled baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes until crisp on the outside
5) While the potatoes are cooking make the Bravas sauce
6) Put potatoes in a wide shallow bowl for serving, top with Bravas sauce. Serve at room temperature.
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tbsp minced onion
1/4 cup red wine
1 - 8 ounce can diced tomatoes
4 drops Tabasco
1 1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2tsp fresh thyme
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1) Heat olive oil in non-reactive sauce pan on medium heat
2) Add onion and soften, about 2 minutes
3) Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds
4) Add red wine, simmer and reduce by half, about 3 minutes
5) Add diced tomatoes, Tabasco, red pepper flakes, thyme and sugar
6) Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes
7) Remove from heat, and cool to room temperature
8) Pour over potatoes, garnish with parsley and serve