Serves 10 - 12
Try this tasty tapas recipe with Tapeña Tempranillo.
3 lbs. fresh cremini, white, and/ or fresh wild mushrooms*, cut into bite size pieces (halved or quartered)
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup sherry wine (not cooking sherry)
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
*mushrooms should be cleaned with a damp cloth.
1) Heat oil in a skillet. Warn garlic.
2) Add mushrooms, stir to keep from scorching for 8 minutes allowing the moisture to release.
3) Add sherry and chicken broth, stir as needed leaving a small about of broth, about 10 minutes.
4) Remove from heat. Stir in parsley.
5) Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.