Lemon Crusted Shrimp
Try this tasty tapas recipe with Tapeña Verdejo.
Makes about 15-18 Shrimp
1 pound Colossal size, raw, peeled, deveined, tail-on Shrimp (about 15 - 18)
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 cloves minced garlic
Zest of one lemon
1/4 tsp of saffron threads, crumbled
1/2 cup milk
Fresh pepper to taste
1) Heat oven to 550 degrees. Oil cookie sheet.
2) Butterfly each shrimp along vein by slicing along the vein, being careful to not cut all the way through. Butterfly about 1 - 1 1/2 inches long. Open the split without breaking through the vein, lay shrimp flat with tail end standing up.
3) Combine breadcrumbs, garlic and lemon. Mix with your hands until the lemon and garlic are well distributed.
4) Heat milk in microwave until almost boiling. Dip each shrimp in the hot milk and then roll through breads crumb mixture to completely cover each shrimp.
5) Stand shrimp tail up by opening butterfly flat against the cookie sheet. Crack fresh pepper over each shrimp.
6) Cook for 5 - 8 minutes