Savory Lamb Meatballs
Serves 10 -12
Try this tasty tapas recipe with Tapeña Garnacha.
1 1/2 lb. ground lamb
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup minced onion
1/3 cup diced red pepper
1 cloves minced garlic
3 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup diced onion
1 clove minced garlic
½ cup dry red wine
¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 – 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
3 tbsp minced parsley
Directions - Meatballs
1) Preheat oven to 400°F.
2) Gently combine meat, breadcrumbs, egg white, onion, red pepper, garlic, coriander, and salt in a large bowl.
3) Gently mix to combine. Scoop with tablespoon and shape into little meatballs, about 48.
4) Bake on the prepared baking sheet for 12 minutes.
Directions - Sauce
1) Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2) Add onion stir until lightly golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the garlic, wine, and black pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat until the wine has reduced by half.
4) Add the tomatoes and return to a simmer on low for 12- 15 minutes.
5) Add the meatballs, 3 tbsp parsley and toss to coat. Heat through and serve.